In conjunction with the opening of the Manhattan Project National Historical Park on November 10, 2015, the Department of Energy launched the K-25 Virtual Museum website. Contact the Park . Both Bell and Bound Brook sent samples of their powdered nickel barriers to Taylor for evaluation, but he was unimpressed; neither had come up with a practical barrier. , The preliminary specification for the K-25 plant in March 1943 called for it to produce 1 kilogram (2.2 lb) a day of product that was 90 percent uranium-235. In a container with a porous barrier containing a mixture of two gases, the lighter molecules will pass out of the container more rapidly than the heavier molecules.  The centrifuge process was the first isotope separation method considered for the Manhattan project, but was abandoned due to technical challenges early in the project. , Gaseous diffusion had been used to separate isotopes before. Demolition of K-29 began in January 2006, and was completed in August. Senior Chrysler executives called this "Project X-100". , In early 1943, Ingersoll Rand pulled out.  The final section of the east wing was brought down on 19 December 2013.  Surveying began on the power plant site on 31 May 1943, and J. Production commenced in February 1945, and the first product was shipped to the calutrons in March. The first of these was the 374,000-square-foot (34,700 m2) K-27 completed in September 1945. Construction of the K-25 facility was undertaken by J. An old ferry over the Clinch River was upgraded, and then replaced with a 360-foot (110 m) bridge in December 1943. Junior Ranger Program. Ford, Bacon & Davis was therefore paid $202,000. , The expansion of the SAM Laboratories led to a search for more space.  Two pump houses (K-801 and K-802) and two cooling towers (H-801 and H-802) provided 135,000,000 US gallons (510 Ml) of cooling water per day for the motors and compressors. They demonstrated that uranium-235 was indeed primarily responsible for fission with slow neutrons, but were unable to determine precise neutron capture cross sections because their samples were not sufficiently enriched. The plant was turned over to Union Carbide on 1 February 1945.  To obtain the fourteen turbine generators needed, Groves had to use the Manhattan Project's priority to overrule Julius Albert Krug, the director of the Office of War Utilities. The cells could be operated independently, or consecutively, within a section. They therefore recommended that research be conducted with the aim of developing the means to separate kilogram amounts of uranium-235. To Frazier Groff and other researchers at Bakelite's laboratories in Bound Brook, New Jersey, it seemed that Nix was not taking advantage of the latest techniques, and they began their own development efforts. Activities overlapped, so concrete pouring began while grading was still going on. The Oak Ridge Gaseous Diffusion Plant was renamed the Oak Ridge K-25 Site in 1989, and the East Tennessee Technology Park in 1996. They could not afford any leakage of uranium hexafluoride, especially if it was already enriched, or of oil, which would react with the uranium hexafluoride. Buildings were completely sealed off, air was filtered, and all cleaning was with vacuum cleaners and mopping.  Production of enriched uranium using gaseous diffusion ceased in Portsmouth in 2001, and at Paducah in 2013. A process developed by the Hooker Chemical Company was chosen.  As the practical difficulties were realized, this target was reduced to 36 percent. At Kellogg's laboratory in Jersey City, New Jersey, Clarence A. Johnson, who was aware of the steps taken by the SAM Laboratories to improve the Norris-Adler barrier, realized that they could also be taken with the Bakelite barrier.